Sunday, September 12, 2004

The Whimsical Confusion

Yesterday, some guy beat me to asking JS out, and this left me fuming a little. Despite being of Kahn descent, I was rather discouraged by such betrayal on the part of JS. Didn't I tell her I will be spending time with her this weekend? Couldn't she have waited till I got out of the bathroom to let her know of the arrangements?

What can I do? So my Saturday was spent rather idly, lazing at first in school and then coming home to take a long nap before I embarked on a table-hunting session down town.

Remember PC? I wrote about her in my last entry. Yeah - she presented the bait to me at last on Thursday evening - even professing to have developed a liking for me (I was shocked at the alignment of my stars). I was to call her in the evening after I got back from down town.

So when I got home at 10pm, I slided into my black chair and went online to chat with PC, at which time I had half forgotten about my dealings with JS. Then, the moment of folly came to haunt me.

My phone rang, and I picked up thinking that it was PC who called. And as always, reception of signals for my mobile phone was poor at home.

"Wow, it is noisy at your place man!" I told PC, " I will call you back, reception is poor at my place."

So I put down the phone and went out to make a call to PC. To my surprise, another girl with a different voice answered. The background was as silent as dead rat. I still didn't get the hint.

"Hey, so you called me just now?"

"Yeah, earlier in the evening"

I startled. Shucks, it was actually JS who called me just now!

JS was strange. She called me to tell me of her date with a person who she did not like but with whom she was indebted to for having done her a few favours. What was HER motive? This act of confidement could stem from a few possibilities. One, she treats me like a close friend and wants to share things with me. Second, she is trying to tell me there are many guys out there asking her out - and yeah toad - please stop thinking of eating swan's flesh. Third, all her other friends are knocked dead or occupied and I am her last resort of relieving her boredom. Fourth, she regrets agreeing to the foriegn date and wants to keep me interested in her by giving me a call.

Somehow, I feel manipulated by JS and I am jealous! Yet, I think I do like her because she really makes my day everytime. But could the chemistry be one-way?

And, becasue of this confusion, I accidentally called PC, and made her fall in love with me more.

Why am I handling 2 girls at one go? I am really inexperienced, and I feel I might get hurt at this rate. What if everything gets out of hand? Who can advise me on this? Who who? I shall give him/her a Carlsberg.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should probably be more worried about upsetting the other party other than yourself. It hurts awfully to be led on in a relationship, if you have yet to realise it.

And why offer a carlsberg when you don't drink. You do make an ironic personality.

Fri Sept 17, 08:25:00 pm  
Blogger SnowPrince 雪王子 said...

Indeed, what i really meant was that i will feel bad if i hurt others.. and thanks for reading my blog to the smallest detail. i surely do not consume alcohol.. but i can buy someone a beer if he gives me sound advice.

thanks anyway.. i appreciate tis truly

Sat Sept 18, 12:00:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home