Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The One That Got So Near

JS and I were at Macdonald's and it was already 10pm. Still we were fresh from the japanese restaurant and I was feeling a little guilty I made Mr D pay for the most expensive meal I had since the time I was a rich spoilt little child. I guess this could be my last con job - in fact, it could have been the first!

But the main issue was not this. It was how JS responded to my questions.

"So, how do you tell if a guy was interested in a girl?"

Obviously, she knew the answer, but she was acting coy and shrugged her shoulders, saying she was not too sure.

"So what if I tell you I am interested in you?"

This gave back the same coy response.

When I walked her back to the void deck and I asked her those questions again, and this time getting the same response. I was not too pleased. She wanted the statement to be so clear it was unmistakable. There was nothing wrong with being absolutely sure. But after 7 meetings and many a wonderful conversation later, a crystal clear statement from me becomes rather redundant. It was apparent that I like her - I liked her so much as to be thinking about her even when I slept. I have not gone out with another girl since I knew her. I have never gone out with my best friend for more than 6 times in 6 weeks.

I am not sure how to proceed now. Perhaps I should just give up and make my life regain it's solo peacefulness. I want better indication that this girl likes me. Maybe she might become my nearest encounter yet. So near to being a couple, yet so far to holding hands. How regretful.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that you have succeeded in your quest since.

Mon Oct 25, 05:34:00 pm  
Blogger SnowPrince 雪王子 said...

Indeed, how strange life is, isn't it? Love can make a man accept all shortcomings of his woman, and embrace her like Jesus would embrace all humankind and let faith be the one most important cohesive force in the relationship.

I wonder whether friendship can be the same. Maybe it can. In fact it has always been.

Tue Oct 26, 12:19:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. Just when not too long ago you didn't believe in everlasting love. Cheers to your newfound happiness!

Do you know who this is anyway?

Tue Oct 26, 08:56:00 pm  
Blogger SnowPrince 雪王子 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Oct 26, 10:59:00 pm  
Blogger SnowPrince 雪王子 said...

Believe it or not, I still don't believe in everlasting love. But now I believe love exists - something not very explanable. Will it last?

Interesting you are asking me to guess who you are. Because from what I have already written in the last comment, the answer is obvious. I did not make my pen name so oblivious as to be undetectable - there was a purpose in that - because I know my target reader so well.

Thanks for reading my blog. Because most of it is probably rubbishy to many people. Really feels quite good writing something and not needing to put a name to it. A good way to defame someone isn't it? Haha.

Enjoy all time together; for once separated, the real test begins.

Tue Oct 26, 11:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it lasts. You should too, at least till the end of time. Immerse in the bliss and let the romantic notion of love wash over you.

Your blog's an enjoyable read, although I suppose I ought to keep certain comments to myself. Which I did, quite fortunately.

Your intention in the previous comment is not apparent. Or perhaps I am a tad too retarded to notice it.

In any case, I did not realise that my cover was blown. Or was I lured here in the first place?

Let love reign, let friendship reign. May the human touch rock the world.

Wed Oct 27, 11:31:00 pm  
Blogger SnowPrince 雪王子 said...

You are definitely not retarded. My friends are never retards.

Thu Oct 28, 01:01:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home